Our Local Governing Board
As an Academy within the Diocese of Salisbury Academy Trust (DSAT) we uphold the vision and ethos of the Trust. The vision of the Trust is ‘for the growth of thriving Christian learning communities, providing everyone with the opportunity to achieve more than they ever thought possible. Christian service is at the heart of all we do, as we help young people to develop excitement in learning and to live life to the full. We value everyone equally and demonstrate this through our words, actions, community life and the quality of the opportunities we provide.’ Please see St Mary's mission statement, vision and values by clicking on the following LINK.
Together with the school we will promote high achievement by encouraging children to:
- develop the highest possible levels of attainment in all curriculum areas
- have an enthusiastic approach to all aspects of school life
- work both independently and collaboratively and have a desire for learning
- try their very best in all they do
As a Local Governing Board we will:
- hold the school to account for its academic performance
- oversee the finances for the school, ensure that the school provides value for money and that resources are used wisely
- agree the priorities for the school
- review the school development plan and the school’s self evaluation, ensuring that outcomes and impact are evidenced and responded to
- ensure policies are up to date and adhered to, including ensuring all statutory requirements and regulations are met
We will do this by providing the appropriate level of challenge to the school and foster trust and openness in the work that we do. We will also promote the relationship the school has within the community, including working together to preserve and develop the ethos of the school and its religious character.
In order for the LGB to carry out their role effectively, and to increase our knowledge, skills and capacity to challenge the school, we will be responsible in seeking appropriate training for our members and will keep up to date with all new legislation. Those LGB members with link roles will carry out their duties according to the agreed policy and use their links to provide both support and challenge in their area of responsibility.
In all of the work that we do the children of Beaminster St Mary’s Academy will remain our priority and focus.
The LGB has a clerk and all communication for the attention of the LGB should be addressed to the clerk, via the school office.
A copy of governors’ meeting minutes can be made available by request from the clerk via @beaminsterstmarys.dsat.org.uk. Please note charges may apply, more information can be found in the DSAT Publication Scheme available via: https://www.dsat.org.uk/others/