PE at Beaminster St. Mary’s
At Beaminster St.Mary’s, we intend to inspire all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities, as well as give children the tools and understanding required to make a positive impact in their own health and well-being. We want all children to experience a wide variety of sports and physical skills which will enhance life-long fitness and life choices.
Our Physical Education will challenge and promote self-esteem through the development of physical confidence and problem-solving. We aim to teach children to cope with both success and failure in competitive, individual and team-based physical activities, allowing them to explore and express their personal and spiritual identity. Through our provision, children can flourish at sports in which they have a particular interest or flair for.
Children have equal opportunities to take part in a range of sports and physical activities within a challenging and supportive environment where effort, as well as success, is recognized. Children are encouraged to participate in exercise through-out the day during PE lessons, clubs, outdoor learning, outdoor play and competitive events.
Beaminster St Mary’s 8 principles for an enriched and connected curriculum:
- In your element – Play. Have fun. There is so much that everyone can find enjoyable about movement and sport.
- In your hands - You are responsible for your own learning so challenge yourself. Find your personal bests and push yourself to improve.
- In your mind - Break down your own barriers to be the best person you can be. Nothing can stop you when you believe in yourself.
- In your imagination - You can achieve anything. Let your imagination run wild and work hard to make it a reality.
- In your heart – Find the respect for others in their own achievements and when competing against them. Love, respect and listen to each other’s ideas, and challenge each other with kindness.
- In your world – No matter who you are or where you come from, a healthy lifestyle is vital for a healthy planet.
- In your community – No matter which communities you are part of – class, school, town, county, or bigger – take pride in representing them.
- In your future - Be ready for anything. Keep your body and your mind in top condition and you can tackle any challenge that lies ahead.