PSHE at Beaminster St Mary’s
At Beaminster St Mary’s Academy, we are passionate about preparing our children to be unique, kind, loving, confident and inspirational global citizens. Through our PSHE programme of study and our connected curriculum, our children will be given opportunities to develop their emotional intelligence and have the ability to articulate their feelings in order to maintain good mental health and to be healthy and happy.
At Beaminster St Mary’s, a growth mindset strategy is implemented to support the children to become resilient, happy and flexible learners, who will be successful in their futures.
At Beaminster St Mary’s, all of our children are supported to utilise the appropriate vocabulary to be able to articulate their feelings. This will promote mental wellbeing, kindness, love and empathy within our school community.
Our children will be guided to become respectful, tolerant and aspirational global citizens, who are skillfully equipped for whatever their futures may hold.
Beaminster St Mary’s 8 principles for an enriched and connected curriculum:
- In your element – You explore, you excel, you thrive, you have fun and you succeed. Find your element, trust yourself, give it a try, you might like it more than you think!
- In your hands - Your own success, your own challenges, your own responsibility. The present and the future is in your hands...
- In your mind – Your learning, your memory, your motivation, your mindfulness, your ability and your growth mindset. Unlock the power to believe in yourself!
- In your imagination – Your creativity, your problem solving and your possibilities… What you can imagine has no limitations.
- In your heart – Love and kindness for yourself, for others, for the world. Use the power of music to be open to difference, to experience, to equity and equality. .
- In your world – You are part of a much wider community; you are a global citizen and have an important part to play in the future of your world.
- In your community – You belong, you are valued, you are a friend to others and through an appreciation of music, you can play an active part in enhancing all that is around you …
- In your future - Your happiness, your success and your infinite possibilities. It is the story of you and it will be unique, special and wonderful. .