French at Beaminster St. Mary’s
At Beaminster St.Mary’s, we intend to
earning a foreign language, it supports a necessary part of being a member of a multi-cultural society, and broadens our children’s horizons as a global citizen.
At Beaminster St Mary’s, we believe that a carefully planned and engaging language programme of study, should foster children's curiosity and deepen their understanding of the world. Through our high-quality teaching, we aim to stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language and creativity through exploration.
- In your element - You excel, you thrive, you have fun, and you succeed. Find your element, trust yourself, give it a try you might like it more than you think!
In your hands – You are responsible for your own learning and your own success. You can discover a new language which will broaden your horizons as a global citizen.
- In your mind - Your learning, your memory, your motivation, your mindfulness, your ability, and your growth mindset. Unlock the power to believe in yourself.
- In your imagination – You can aspire to speak with increasing confidence, fluency and spontaneity, finding ways of communicating what you’d like to say.
- In your heart - You show kindness and appreciation to cultures different to your own, you explore the similarities and differences and celebrate these with excitement.
- In your world – You recognise that you are a part of a much bigger community; you are a global young citizen and have an important part to play in the future of your word.
- In your community – You have a desire to share your discoveries and acquisition of skills within your local community, broadening horizons and celebrating differences.
In your future – You will have the desire, skills and confidence to have happiness, success and infinite possibilities in a multi-cultural society.